Welcome to Miami Dade College. You should be proud to know that you have joined one of higher education's premier institutions. The College's primary goal is the success of its students. Therefore each of you, in your specific position, plays an important role in achieving this goal. We're confident that you will contribute to our rich tradition. We also encourage you to explore our Human Resources position listings to find employment opportunities.
As a new full-time employee of MDC, you will have the opportunity to apply for participation in all group insurance programs offered by the College. The Benefits Department has prepared the following summary of benefits for your information. Full details may be obtained in the College Human Resources Office. MDC has a comprehensive benefits package, which includes the core benefits: Group Health, Dental, Life Insurance, and Retirement benefits (through the Florida Retirement System). In addition, MDC offers the following series of voluntary benefits: Income Protection/Group Disability, Group Legal Services, Tax Shelter Annuity Plans (403B), Family Protection Insurance, and other valuable benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Miami Dade College is an equal access/equal opportunity employer and committed to recruit, employ, grant salaries, and promote personnel without regard to gender, race, marital status, age, religion, national origin, or disability in compliance with all Federal and State legislation and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination.
- The employees of the College are expected to teach or work with other employees, and to supervise or be supervised in their work by other employees without regard to gender, race, marital status, age, religion, national origin, or disability.
- Miami Dade College is committed to provide equal educational opportunities to all prospective students and enrolled students regardless of gender, race, marital status, age, religion, national origin, or disability. This commitment to equal access/equal opportunity includes the following: recruitment, admission, programs and activities, facilities, counseling and testing, financial assistance, and placement.
- Miami Dade College is committed to providing equal employment and equal educational opportunities to its employees and students in an atmosphere free from harassment or other discriminatory practices based upon gender, race, marital status, age, religion, national origin, or disability.
- The College shall provide reasonable instructional support services as well as substitution, modification, or waiver of any requirement for admission or graduation for any student with a recognized physiological disorder(s) which substantially impairs that person's visual, auditory, manual or speaking abilities, or who has a learning disability as recognized by the State Board of Education Rules, where documentation can be provided that the student's failure to meet the requirement is related to the disability, and where the failure to meet the requirement does not constitute a fundamental alteration to the student's academic performance or to the nature of the program of study.
- The College shall make reasonable modifications for students and employees with disabilities except where such modifications (1) fundamentally alter the nature of a service, program or activity; (2) the College can demonstrate undue hardship in the provision of the modifications; or (3) the person, even if modifications are made, poses a direct threat to the health or safety of students, staff or others.