The Mission of Miami Dade College is to change lives through the opportunity of education.
As democracy’s college, MDC provides high-quality teaching and learning experiences that are accessible and affordable to meet the needs of our diverse students and prepare them to be responsible global citizens and successful lifelong learners. The College embraces its responsibility to serve as an economic, cultural and civic beacon in our community.
The Vision of Miami Dade College is to be a college of excellence, renowned for its Values:
- An exceptional learning environment in which students are challenged and empowered through innovation, state-of-the-art technologies, teaching excellence and student support programs that prepare each student with the knowledge, skills and values to succeed in a dynamic world.
- A culture of inquiry and evidence that is characterized by the commitment of faculty, staff and students to accountability for learning excellence through the achievement of measureable learning outcomes, innovative assessment methods and data-driven decisions that foster adaptability in programs and services.
- An exceptional work environment that makes MDC the “employer of choice” for an exemplary, diverse workforce that is engaged in and accountable for the quality of MDC’s learning environment, and that benefits from excellent support, state-of-the-art technologies, growth opportunities and a competitive compensation program.
- Quality community partnerships that serve as the foundation for the development of relevant workforce, cultural and civic programs to foster community service and create a pervasive understanding throughout the greater Miami-Dade County community of the essential importance of education.
- A commitment to cultural initiatives that complement academics and promote the advancement and appreciation of the arts, thereby contributing to the richness of our multicultural community.
- Sustainability practices that distinguish Miami Dade College as a leading innovator in educating our students as contributors to a healthy planet, and as an institution that accepts its responsibility to preserve the natural environment.
- Resource development and operational efficiencies that ensure effective support for the College’s long-term efforts to provide an innovative and exemplary learning environment.
- Global reach and awareness that enrich the curriculum and provide a truly international perspective to students.