Miami Fine Chocolate & Food Show Partners with MDC’s Miami Culinary Institute and Neighbors 4 Neighbors March 9 – 10, 2013
The first annual gourmet gathering celebrating chocolate and fine foods announces new partners and exhibitors
MCI students create culinary delights
Miami, February 27, 2013 - The first-ever Miami Fine Chocolate & Food Show has announced its charity partner of Neighbors 4 Neighbors, a non-profit organization connecting diverse populations of individuals to help those in need, and culinary education partner, the Miami Culinary Instituteat Miami Dade College (MDC). The weekend of fine chocolate, food, and entertainment will debut on Saturday, March 9 and Sunday, March 10, 2013 at Pinecrest Gardens (11000 S Red Rd Miami, Florida, 33156).
Tickets for the Miami Fine Chocolate & Food Show will be $35 online and $40 at the event. In using the code ‘MCI’, $5 of those ticket sales will benefit Miami Culinary Institute.
MDC student and faculty can exclusively use the code ‘MCIFAC’ for a $5 discount in addition to the $5 donation to benefit Miami Culinary Institute. With the ‘MCIFAC’ tickets will be $30 online and $35 at the door for MDC students and faculty only; an I.D. will need to be presented upon admittance. Tickets can be purchased atwww.miamifinefoodshow.com; every ticket includes 15 tasting tickets.
“We created the Miami Fine Chocolate & Food Show to celebrate our culinary community in South Florida,” founder Mario Pi explains. “It was important for us to give back with our partnership with Neighbors 4 Neighbors, but also showcase the culinary talents of chefs and chocolatiers in our South Florida restaurants, gourmet shops, and more. The Miami Culinary Institute at MDC is the birthplace for the future generation of these talents so we are thrilled that their esteemed chef instructors will be leading our demonstration stage.”
Here’s what guests can expect at the Miami Fine Chocolate & Food Show with the show’s noteworthy partners and exhibitors:
· The Miami Fine Chocolate Show:Taste the finest in chocolate from around the country like artful creations from Flying Noir (Mendocino, California) to handmade chocolates from local Venezuelan chocolatiers Cacao Art Chocolates. Artisan chocolatiers will have products available for purchase, so attendees can take home their favorite truffles, bars, macaroons, and ganache. Other chocolate exhibitors will include: Barry’s Gourmet Brownies, Kallari, Mary O’Malley Chocolatier, Pacari, and more.
· Gourmet Grove:The Gourmet Grove will act as a one-stop shop for gifts, featuring an expansive selection of products from infused olive oils, artisan cheeses, breads, exotic spices from Spice Galore, teas, charcuterie, and much more. Look for at-home gourmet ideas like hand-selected meats from Land & Sea, Italian products from Anacapri, in-home dining selections from Gourmet at Your Door, and more.
· Restaurant Row:Attendees will be able to enjoy the unique experience of walking down Restaurant Row, a boulevard bringing South Florida’s culinary greats together as they showcase their talents. While the list continues to grow, featured restaurants will include the Mayfair Hotel’sSpartico,Tuyoatop the Miami Culinary Institute where acclaimed chef Norman Van Aken serves as director of restaurants, authentic Mediterranean cuisine fromAlhambra Restaurant, and more.
· Demonstration Stage:Presented by MDC’s Miami Culinary Institute, guests can enjoy over 20 hours of live demonstrations in the 500-seat Banyan Bowl Amphitheater. A select group of Miami’s most talented chefs will provide culinary insight as they make dozens of the finest food and chocolate creations right in front of attendees’ eyes.
· Pairings Pavilion:Clay Gordon, chocolate expert and creator of The Chocolate Life, will provide guided sessions of pairing beer, wine, spirits, coffees and teas with a wide variety of fine food, artisanal chocolates, and cheeses. In addition to pairing sessions, guests can use tasting tickets to sample 10-15 craft beer selections from Gold Coast Beverage Distributors, chocolate wines from E & J Gallo and Precept Wines, and more.
· Live Music:Local talent will fill Pinecrest Gardens with music and entertainment as the perfect background to the gourmet gathering. In between tastings, guests can stop by the musical stage to take in the sounds of these artists.
· Petting Zoo, Water Playground, Feed the Fish and more:Guests can explore the grounds of Pinecrest Gardens, a four-acre hidden treasure filled with tropical plants, rock formations, and water features. Family-friendly offerings include a petting zoo, water playgrounds, and place to feed and learn about fish.
To learn more about The Miami Fine Chocolate & Food Show, please visit www.miamifinefoodshow.com. To register for The Miami Fine Chocolate & Food Show as press, please register here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR INTERVIEW REQUESTS, PLEASE CONTACTWAGSTAFF WORLDWIDE, INC., (312) 943-6900
Media-only contacts: Caiti Carrow, Account Supervisor at Wagstaff Worldwide, 312-943-6900, email@example.com; Lauren Yang, Account Coordinator at Wagstaff Worldwide, 312-943-6900, firstname.lastname@example.org
Juan Mendieta, 305-237-7611, email@example.com, MDC communications director
Sue Arrowsmith, 305-237-3710, firstname.lastname@example.org, media specialist
Alejandro Rios, 305-237-7482, email@example.com