Writing Center Guidelines
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Kendall Campus Writing Center.
- Please keep the KC Writing Center QUIET! Refrain from loud conversations or the playing of loud audio devices.
- Help us maintain a quiet and productive work atmosphere. Any disruptive individual may be asked to leave the premises of the writing center.
- As a courtesy to your fellow students, refrain from using cell phones inside the writing center. If necessary, please make or take calls outside the center.
- The phone at the front desk is for office use only. Personal calls may be made from public phones available in the first floor of the building.
- Computers in the KC Writing Center are intended for ACADEMIC and EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH use only.
- Students must make every effort to care for and appropriately use the equipment and resources available as stated in Policy VII-I: Use of Computing and On-line Resources.
- Use of this technology for personal and/or recreational purposes (online chatting, games and non-academic research) is strongly discouraged due to the limited amount of equipment available.
- Anyone using the equipment for personal or recreational purposes may be asked to relinquish the station to others who are waiting for a turn. Students may go to the Kendall Campus Courtyard in room 2100.
- Students may not install any software, or any other application, on computers at any time. The computers in the writing center are setup to delete all information upon logout. Students are encouraged to bring a personal storage device (disk or flash drive) to store work.
- All personal property is the sole responsibility of the student.
- Please leave the work area clean for the next person waiting.
- Computer users are asked to limit time spent accessing the Internet (“surfing the net”) to a minimum.
- Computer seating is offered in a first-come, first-served basis. During peak-hours, the staff may enforce internet access sessions limited to a maximum of one (1) hour. Students may go to the Kendall Campus Computer Courtyard in room 2100.
- Because the KC Writing Center is a public facility, users should refrain from viewing visual content which others are likely to deem vulgar or offensive. Viewing of pornography is not allowed.
- If there is a genuine academic or educational need to view such sensitive material, please consult our staff. We will try to provide a more private setting.
- Printing from the Internet is limited to academic and educational research materials only. Please limit the printing of such materials to no more than two (2) copies. The printer is not a photocopier!
- If you need additional copies of a printed item, our staff can direct you to photocopiers available on campus.
- UNAUTHORIZED DUPLICATION OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED BY LAW!
- Only those materials produced by the college and/or authorized for duplication via the expressed written consent of the copyright owners may be copied. Please consult with the staff if you have any questions regarding this issue.
Revised on 07-2005