Why Choose MDC?
Everyone can expect to change careers at least three times before retirement. MDC emphasizes skills such as critical thinking, creative problem solving, and communication to ensure you can make those transitions. Combine that with a broad background in many subjects and you have an ideal foundation for a technology-focused workplace for a variety of careers.
Whether you know exactly what you’ll be doing after college or you are majoring in French just because you’ve always wanted to visit Paris, the skills you pick up at MDC will help prepare you for your careers by learning to:
- Communicate effectively using listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills
- Use quantitative analytical skills to evaluate and process numerical data
- Solve problems using critical and creative thinking and scientific reasoning
- Formulate strategies to locate, evaluate, and apply information
- Demonstrate knowledge of diverse cultures, including global and historical perspectives
- Create strategies that can be used to fulfill personal, civic, and social responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical thinking and its application to issues in society
- Use computer and emerging technologies effectively
- Demonstrate an appreciation for aesthetics and creative activities
- Describe how natural systems function and recognize the impact of humans on the environment