MDC airport training program cleared for takeoff
In partnership with Miami Dade College, the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau, the Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority and Miami International Airport (MIA) recently unveiled its "Miami Begins With MIA" initiative. Crucial to this plan is MDC's commitment to provide new and dynamic customer service training to the airport's 35,000 "badged" employees.
The College’s Center for Service Excellence (CSE) is spearheading the curriculum with particular emphasis on the key role each airport employee plays in the visitor experience from arrival to departure. It is no secret that tourism is Miami's top industry, and MIA is the city's economic artery.
CSE provides training for a variety of organizations and all employee levels from entry to senior management, in relevant areas such as team building, customer service and conflict resolution.
"This level of training sets the foundation by building employee morale, improving productivity in the workplace and strengthening the identity of the organization," said María Rey-Seara, CSE’s program manager.
More Academics Articles
- Medical Center Campus and Mexican Red Cross partner on training
- For Haitian nurses, professional is personal
- MDC student publications earn national awards
- Grant creates textbook exchange
- MDC Flight Team soars at competition
- MDC has BAS in Film, TV & Digital Production
- MDC expands opportunities for students seeking careers with FAA
- New Institute for Health Informatics will help students enter growing field
- MEED students meet mobile technology
- Ecuadorean students can now transfer to MDC
- Angelo Bribiesca's world by word
- MDC's fast track to hot jobs
- Serving those who have served: Grant aids student veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan