MDC Heats Up Championship Festivities
Thousands line the parade route in front of Miami Dade College's Freedom Tower for the Miami Heat victory parade.
Miami Dade College was proud to show its support for the Miami Heat during the team’s successful bid for the NBA championship this season.
MDC President Eduardo J. Padrón joined Heat legend and former center Alonzo Mourning in illuminating the College’s National Historic Landmark Freedom Tower “White Hot” for the duration of the playoffs – a tradition started during the team’s last championship run in 2006.
The Heat ultimately clinched the title during a hometown game at American Airlines Arena – just steps away from MDC’s Wolfson Campus in the heart of Downtown Miami. After triumphing in the finals, thousands of people gathered at the edge of campus and in front of the Freedom Tower to view the victory parade, bask in the celebration and catch a glimpse of the players as they made their way to the arena for more festivities, including remarks by team owner and MDC alumnus Micky Arison.
More Features Articles
- Medical Campus Students Create Clinic
- Creating Tomorrow’s Leaders Today
- College Meets Region’s Growing Dental Care Needs
- Beloved Landmark Earns Accolades
- One Industry, a Multitude of Jobs
- Sharing Insights Around the Globe
- U.S. Culture 101
- Prepared for the Future
- Sensational Summer
- MDC Secures Path to Success for Veterans
- A Winner Four Times Running