MDC to Give Entrepreneurs Boost with Free Small Business Education Program
Miami, February 23, 2010 - The Citi Foundation and Miami Dade College’s (MDC) School of Business is continuing its community building partnership through the Small Business Education Program, a specialized training program targeted to entrepreneurs who live in the neighborhoods of Little Haiti, Little Havana, Flagami, Overtown, Liberty City, Allapattah, and Wynwood.
The five sessions are designed to enhance the operations of small businesses, and will cover such topics as Cash Flow Management, Sourcing Funding for Expansion, QuickBooks, and Marketing.
The first session is scheduled for mid-March and sessions will conclude at the end of April.
Residents who live in one of the target neighborhoods above must apply online: http://www.mdc.edu/kendall/smallbusiness/.
Following is the schedule of all five sessions, which will be held at MDC’s Wolfson Campus, 300 N.E. 2nd Ave., downtown Miami:
- Seminar 1 (Spanish): 5:30 to 9 p.m., Tuesday, March 23, 2010
- Seminar 1 (English):5:30 to 9 p.m., Wednesday, March 24, 2010
- Seminar 2 (Spanish):5:30 to 9 p.m., Tuesday, March 30, 2010
- Seminar 2 (English):5:30 to 9 p.m., Wednesday, March 31, 2010
- Financial Literacy Event and Expo:9 a.m. to noon, Thursday, April 8, 2010
- QuickBooks Workshop:9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, April 17, 2010
- Community Forum – “Going Green”: 9 a.m. to noon, Friday, April 23, 2010
For more information about MDC’s Small Business Education Program, contact Winston Imhoff, 305-237-7429 or Josie Lorenzo (for the Spanish seminars), 305-237-7430.