Eduardo J. Padrón
Office of the President
300 N.E. Second Avenue
Miami, Florida 33132-2297
Message From the President
Monday, October 06, 2008
Amendment 8: Can You Help?
First and foremost, thank you to everyone who has been pouring time and energy into the Amendment 8 educational campaign. I know that scores of people are spending their free time helping to educate our community about Amendment 8.
Much is happening, but so much more is needed. 28 days to go and we are in the midst of a full- scale educational campaign. Projects include:
- Phone banking at several locations around the county
- Speaking engagements by MDC volunteers at various organizations
- Canvassing neighborhoods, businesses, MetroRail stations and other locations
- Early voting sites and Election Day staffing
- U.S. 1 Rally – from Homestead to Downtown Miami
BUT, WE NEED MUCH MORE HELP. WE NEED YOU. The projects above need many, many volunteers to be successful. If you have just a couple of hours, that will help. If you have more, that will help more.
This is a grassroots education campaign and each person makes a difference. Please contact your campus representative listed below if you can participate.