Eduardo J. Padrón
Office of the President
300 N.E. Second Avenue
Miami, Florida 33132-2297
Message From the President
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
MDC District Board Approves Salary Increase for 2008-2009
Miami Dade College is renowned as a leader in higher education because of the talent and commitment of our faculty and staff. Recognizing your hard work by providing fair and equitable compensation remains a top institutional priority.
As you are aware, the fiscal situation in Florida is very tight. Despite experiencing major funding cutbacks from the state, the College remains devoted to rewarding the efforts of our exceptional workforce as a top priority. I am very pleased to announce that the Board of Trustees has approved the following salary increases:
- All full-time administrative and staff personnel will receive a 3 percent salary increase.
- Full-time employees in Levels 4 through 11 are eligible for an additional .5 percent salary increase.
- All full-time faculty will receive a 3 percent increase, effective Aug. 25.
- Pay ranges are increased by 1 percent in all grades except grade 12, where they are reduced by 2 percent in an effort to achieve greater consistency between salary grades.
- Employees above the maximum of the pay range will receive increases as follows: Where calculated salary increases would otherwise exceed the maximum salary for the assigned salary range, salary will be increased to the salary maximum of the range, and 50 percent of any remaining calculated salary increase will be provided in the form of a one-time payment, distributed to applicable staff by Dec. 12, 2008.
Administrative and support staff salary increases will be retroactive to July 1, 2008, and as always, are awarded at the discretion of supervisory personnel.
Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the College.