Eduardo J. Padrón
Office of the President
300 N.E. Second Avenue
Miami, Florida 33132-2297
Message From the President
Monday, August 18, 2008
MDC to Close Monday at 2 p.m.
Miami Dade College will close all operations today at 2 p.m. and will remain closed for the remainder of the day. Essential personnel should consult with their supervisors with regard to their reporting.
The College's emergency planning team continues to monitor the progress of Tropical Storm Fay and will reconvene this evening to assess the status of operations for the rest of the week. You will be promptly notified regarding any changes to the status of operations via the following communication vehicles:
- MDC Hotline: 305-237-7500. Provides general information and updates.
- MDC Employee Hotline: 305-237-7505. Provides more detailed information about College and campus conditions and plans.
- MDC Alerts: Registered users will receive an alert from the College's new wireless emergency notification system when there are recommended protective actions or a change in normally scheduled College operations. As mentioned above, if you have not signed up for MDC Alerts, please do so by clicking here.
- MDC Home page: www.mdc.edu. Provides general information and updates.
- Local media: Postings regarding College closing and reopening information and other important news will be communicated to the major media.
Please call the MDC Hotline at least once daily to receive instructions and the latest information regarding the status of operations and classes.
The administrative workshop has been rescheduled for Friday at 2 p.m. in the Wolfson Campus Chapman Conference Center, 3210.
Safety is the College's top priority. Please exercise caution when traveling home.