- SAS Ranked #12 in Newsweek’s 2012 list of America’s Best High Schools
- SAS Ranked #75 in 2012 Washington Post list of Best High Schools in the U.S.A
- 100% Participation in SAT
- Highest SAT Average in Critical Reading, Mathematics and Writing in Miami Dade County
- SAT average above district, state and national averages
- 100% Graduation Rate
- 100% Post-Secondary Transition
- 95% Bright Future Scholarship Recipients
- 100% Class of 2012 graduated With Honors
- 13.38 million dollars of scholarship money awarded to 2012 graduates
- National Merit Scholar Finalists
- National Achievement Scholars
- National Hispanic Scholars
- Gates Millennium Scholars
- Quest Bridge Scholars
- AP Scholars with Distinction, AP Scholars with Honor, AP Scholars – higher percentage than any other high school in MDCPS
School for Advanced Studies - Class of 2012 Profile
- 100% percent of our seniors are graduating with their high school diploma.
- 100% of our students plan to pursue post-secondary studies.
- 95.4% of this graduating class has qualified as Florida Bright Futures Scholars.
- $13.4 million dollars in scholarships awarded to the Class of 2012 comprised of 238 students
- Among them are:
- 6 POSSE Award Recipients
- 2 Broad Prize Scholarship Recipients
- 1 Gates Millennium Scholar
- 1 QuestBridge Scholar
- 3 Ford Salute to Education Scholars
- 17 Advanced Placement Scholars with Distinction
- 18 Advanced Placement Scholars with Honors
- 48 Advanced Placement Scholars.
- 4 National Merit Scholar Finalists
- 3 National Achievement Scholar Finalists
- 15 National Hispanic Scholar Finalists
- Miami Herald Silver Knight Winner in Speech
- 2 Students with Perfect Attendance for 13 Years
- 174 graduates, representing 73% of the Class of 2012, earned the Superintendent's Diploma of Distinction.
- 190 of our graduates representing 80% of the Class of 2012 have already earned an Associate of Arts degree from Miami Dade College.
- 70% of our seniors graduated from Miami Dade College with Honors, with 46% graduating with Gold Honors and a GPA of 3.7 and above from Miami Dade College.
- 95 SAS scholars representing 40% of our graduating class has a weighted GPA of at least 6.0 and four students have a GPA above a 7.0.
- 100% of these seniors are graduating Cum Laude or above from SAS.
Members of the Graduating Class of 2012 have been accepted at 26 of the top 50 universities in the United States. They will be attending many distinguished Colleges and Universities. Among them:
MIT, University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Washington University at St. Louis, Rice University, Vanderbilt University, University of Notre Dame, Emory University, University of California at Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon, University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), University of Virginia, Wake Forest University, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, Tufts University, University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, Brandeis University, New York University, University of Rochester, Case Western University, University of Miami, University of California - Santa Barbara, Pennsylvania State University, University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign, and will be well represented in all of the best colleges and universities in State of Florida.
School for Advanced Studies is a Nationally Recognized High School of Excellence ranked 12th Best High School in America in 2012 by Newsweek Magazine and top 100 Best High School in the nation by the Washington Post.