PERT - Test Prep Options at North Campus
Miami Dade College (MDC) students must confirm that alternative remediation has occurred since their first PERT (Postsecondary Education Readiness Test) attempt. Test Prep options for the second PERT attempt at MDC North Campus include: taking a practice or diagnostic test, attending a workshop, receiving tutorial assistance, enrolling in special courses and/or receiving support through laboratory services. In support of MDC’s Quality Enhancement Plan- “Do the Write Thing,” Testing plays a vital role in the development of workforce readiness by providing test preparation programs that enhance student writing skills.
College Prep Reading, Writing and Mathematics Test Preparation Programs
- Test Prep PERT “Boot camp” - Courses in Reading, Writing & Mathematics for direct-entry high school students. Offered by Continuing Education, Room 1125. For more information, visit the website.
- McCann PERT Diagnostic - A preparation tool that simulates the PERT, it identifies, by competency, where skill deficiencies exist in the areas of Reading, Writing and Mathematics. The goal of the PERT Diagnostic is to allow students to target specific competencies they have not yet mastered. For students who do not meet the college-ready cut score, a PERT Diagnostic may be administered and results are used to guide instruction and additional preparation as needed.
- Shark Academy - Shark Academy enrichment courses in Reading, Writing and Mathematics are available at MDC North at convenient times from June through August. Class instruction is personalized to meet your individual needs and the software used in class is available as a refresher for skill-building all summer. For more information, visit the website.
- Continuing Education PERT Preparation Courses - Classroom Instruction in Reading, Writing & Mathematics. Offered by Continuing Education, Room 1125. For more information, visit the website.
- Connect McGraw-Hill - A digital learning environment that is tailored for students and designed to improve performance in Reading & Writing (includes a diagnostic test and study plan). For more information, visit the website or contact the College Prep Reading & Writing Lab at 305-237-1581.
- Reading and Writing - Online Test Preparation. To learn more, contact the Developmental Education Reading/Writing Department at (305) 237- 1269.
- Mathematics Departmental Practice Tests and Review Sessions - Math Resource Center, Room 2223.
- “My Math Test” Program - It's a FREE web-based diagnostic test and study plan.◄Only at North!
Call the Testing Center at 305-237-1015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!