(For MDC students requesting to take a placement test at another institution)
Miami Dade College (MDC) has a process in place for allowing students who live outside of the South Florida Tri-County Area. The Testing Departments use the term “Remote Testing” to describe tests that are authorized by MDC to be administered by a non-MDC proctor at another institution. The criteria below explain the MDC remote testing request process.
Remote Placement Testing will be considered for the following reasons:
- Students who live outside of the South Florida Tri-County area (Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties).
The following tests are eligible to be taken at another institution through MDC's Remote Testing process:
Visit the following MDC webpage for test fee information www.mdc.edu/main/testing/gentesting/fees.aspx
Remote Placement Testing Policies:
- Students must have a MDC Student ID number prior to requesting remote testing.
- All requests must be approved by the Institutional Test Administrator (ITA) (firstname.lastname@example.org) or designee prior to taking the test.
- Requests must be received at least 10 business days prior to the preferred test date.
- Testing must occur at a secure postsecondary test center or for those serving in the military or foreign services, a military/government educational facility.
- Students are responsible for all remote related proctoring fees as well as any MDC testing fees.
Remote Placement Testing Steps:
1. Students must locate a testing facility in their geographic area with internet access.
a. Look for community colleges, colleges, universities, or if military, bases in your area.
2. Contact the testing facility and make sure they are willing to proctor an assessment for you prior to contacting MDC. You should allow a minimum of 3 ½ hours for a complete the test administration.
3. Make sure that you have the following information before completing the Remote Placement Request Student Form.
- Student’s Information:
- Full name
- MDC Student ID#
- Contact phone number
- Email address
- Test Date and time
- Proctoring Institution Information:
- Institution name and website address
- Proctor name o Proctor address
- Proctor email address
- Proctor phone number
- Proctor fax number
4. Click on the link below to complete the Remote Placement Request Student Form.
5. Once you complete the student form, an email will be sent to the test proctor you have designated with a link to a second form he or she will complete.
6. The test proctor will complete the Remote Placement Request Proctor Form.
7. Once both forms have been completed, your request will be processed.