New World School Of The Arts Jazz Ensemble Chosen As Finalist To Compete in New York
The New World School of the Arts High School Jazz Ensemble has been selected as one of 15 finalists to compete in the Essentially Ellington High School Jazz Band Competition & Festival at Frederick P. Rose Hall in New York City from May 10 to 12.
Ellington is a free program for high school jazz bands that seeks to broaden performance. The program uses music from influential jazz artists like Duke Ellington, Benny Carter and Count Basie to inspire students.
This will be NWSA’s 5th consecutive year as a finalist and their 10th appearance overall.
The event will be broadcasted live on jalc.org/live.
For more information contact:
More Briefing Articles
- Author Of Finding Home Hosts Discussion Panel At Medical Campus
- Dress To Impress Fashion Show At Medical Campus
- Free Women’s Health Fair At Wolfson
- Kendall Campus All-Star Jazz Band Performance
- Kendall Campus Presents Artistry In Rhythm Dance Conference
- Kendall Campus Presents Six Characters In Search of An Author
- MDC Athletics Staffer Earns NBA Championship Ring From The Heat
- MDC Live Arts Presents The Pablo Aslan Quintet
- Miami Dade College 2013-2014 Scholarship Available To Students
- North Campus Premieres Whale Rider
- Texas A&M University Offering Summer Research Program For Physics and Astronomy Students
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program Aides Low-income Families