Falcon Times Alumni Lands Reporting Job In Alabama
By Staff Reports
Michael Finch II, who served as the news editor at the North campus’ student newspaper The Falcon Times, before it merged to become The Reporter, has accepted a reporting position at the Press-Register/AL.com in Mobile, Ala.
Finch, 24, will be responsible for covering the local maritime industry, real estate and general assignment for the newspaper and website. He starts in June.
The Press-Register is a member of the Alabama Media Group and the second most widely circulated print publication in the state. It publishes three times a week in print and online everyday.
Finch, who studied political science at Florida International University interned at The Palm Beach Post, the Tampa Bay Times and The Miami Herald. In 2011 he participated in the New York Times Student Journalism Institute in New Orleans.
More Briefing Articles
- $1,000 Scholarship Opportunity For Education Majors
- 12-Year-Old MDC Student Wins First at Chinese Speech and Skit Competition
- Ceramics Exhibition at InterAmerican Campus
- Glenda Phipps Elected President Of Dade County Library Association
- MDC President Honored by South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- MDC’S Virtual Humanities Course Wins Awards
- National Endowment for The Arts Grant awarded to MDC’s Live Arts
- Police Issuing Tickets For Jaywalking Near Hialeah Campus
- School for Advance Studies Once Again Top of The Nation
- Teatro Prometeo To Perform Cyrano Mío At Wolfson