MDC’S Virtual Humanities Course Wins Awards
Miami Dade College’s Humanities 1020 virtual course has garnered the Gold Award for the United States Distance Learning Association’s best practices for Excellence in Distance Learning Teaching.
The course was redesigned by professor Sarah Garman and instructional designer.
Alexandre Strzyzewski in an effort to make humanities engaging online for students. The revamped course features enhanced graphics, animated overviews, videos, music and other multimedia to enhance student learning.
In addition, the course won a the Catalyst Award for Exemplary Course Program from Blackboard Inc.
More Briefing Articles
- $1,000 Scholarship Opportunity For Education Majors
- 12-Year-Old MDC Student Wins First at Chinese Speech and Skit Competition
- Ceramics Exhibition at InterAmerican Campus
- Falcon Times Alumni Lands Reporting Job In Alabama
- Glenda Phipps Elected President Of Dade County Library Association
- MDC President Honored by South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- National Endowment for The Arts Grant awarded to MDC’s Live Arts
- Police Issuing Tickets For Jaywalking Near Hialeah Campus
- School for Advance Studies Once Again Top of The Nation
- Teatro Prometeo To Perform Cyrano Mío At Wolfson