Founding Member Of The Reporter Lands Full-Time Job As Multimedia/Data Producer At The Miami Herald
Lazaro Gamio, who created the entire design concept of The Reporter as the paper’s first art director, has accepted a full-time job as a multimedia/data producer for the Miami Herald.
Gamio, 23, who has worked at the Herald for the past two years as a part-time designer/multimedia producer, will start his new position in late August. His main focus will be creating multimedia interactives for the various Miami Herald platforms.
He spent this summer at the Seattle Times as an intern in the paper’s graphics department creating graphics for the print edition as well as some multimedia components. In the summer of 2012, Gamio interned at National Geographic as an information graphics intern. In January of that same year he participated in the New York Times Student Journalism Institute in Arizona after being selected during a national search.
During his tenure at The Reporter, Gamio won seven design awards from the Florida College System Activities Association. In 2012, he won third place from the Associated Collegiate Press Awards in the Newspaper Page One category. He also earned an honorable mention in the Newspaper Page/Spread category.
More Briefing Articles
- American Association Of Community Colleges Honors MDC With Advancing Diversity Award
- Freedom Tower Exhibit Explores Theoretical Structure Of Magical Realism
- Miami Book Fair International Preview Events Scheduled At The Koubek Center
- Miami Culinary Institute Receives $5,000 Scholarship Donation
- North Campus Student Life Department To Host Club Rush Event
- Parking Decals and MDC ID’s Available At Student Life Department
- Rolando Montoya Appointed To The South Florida Workforce Investment Board
- S.A.V.E Program Helps Students Save Money On Textbooks
- The Koubek Center at Miami Dade College Opens
- Tuyo Presents New Orleans-Inspired Menu for Miami Spice