MDC Alumni Wins $4,000 Merit Scholarship To Attend Cornell University
Jose Ibarrá, who graduated from Miami Dade College this past May with a 4.0 GPA, was awarded a $4,000 Disadvantaged Minority scholarship by the American Architectural Foundation and the American Institute of Architects.
Ibarrá, who is attending Cornell University this fall, was awarded the scholarship based on his architecture draft submissions, an essay, and past achievements. He was also awarded a merit scholarship from Cornell.
While at MDC, Ibarrá received several accolades including being named the 2012-2013 outstanding student of the year in architecture; he also received the President's Volunteer Service Award for community engagement and service.
More Briefing Articles
- Continuing Education Receives Grant for Adult Education
- IFE-ILE Dance and Music Company To Perform at IAC In Celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month
- Kendall Campus Provides English Training For Brazilian Teachers
- MDC Museum of Art + Design Inaugurates New Alumni Exhibition Series
- MDC To Celebrate Constitution Day With Event At Freedom Tower
- MDC’s Physician Assistant Program Earns Top Honors At National Medical Challenge Bowl
- Nature Days Every Second Saturday Of The Month At The Environmental Center At Kendall Campus
- New Water Bottle Fillers Installed At North and Wolfson
- Parking Decals and MDC ID’s Available At Student Life Department
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) brings National Preparedness Month to all MDC Campuses
- Volunteer Note Takers Sought To Help Students With Disabilities