Gallery North presents Horacio Silva: Naturalezas
Horacio Silva, modern painter and professor at Polytechnic University of Valencia, in Spain, will have his latest collection, Naturalezas, exhibited at the Gallery North, N.W. 27th Ave., Room 5226.
The exhibition will run through Jan. 10, 2014.
Silva’s work has evolved throughout the years by bringing in symbolism to touch on critical social issues. The word ‘naturalezas’, literally translated, means natures or referring to the natural world.
Wanda Texon, director of MDC’s campus galleries, stated, ”I am personally looking forward to seeing his work, as it will be arriving at the end of the month. He has a long and very distinguished career not only as an artist, but as a professor as well.”
The gallery is open to the public Wednesday to Friday from noon to 5 p.m., there are showings on Tuesdays but those are by appointments only.
More Briefing Articles
- Engineers for a Sustainable World to Meet at InterAmerican Campus
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund/Wells Fargo Scholarship Available
- InterAmerican Campus Celebrates Veteran's Day With A Commemoration
- InterAmerican Campus Presents “Money Management: Actions You Can Take Today” Workshop
- Miami Dade College Foundation Selects New Leaders
- Miami Dade College’s Hialeah Campus PTK Members Receive Distinguished Recognition
- New York Times Columnist/Award-Winning Author To Kick Off MDC Journalism Speaker Series
- President Dr. Eduardo Padrón Is Honored With The Good Scout Award
- Spokeo Connections Scholarship Available
- Spring Registration Now Available For The Public
- The School of Nursing at MDC Medical Campus Honored by the Florida Nurses Association
- Wolfson Campus Welcomes New Director Of Take Stock In Children