New York Times Columnist/Award-Winning Author To Kick Off MDC Journalism Speaker Series
Veteran journalist Samuel G. Freedman will kick off the 2013-14 Miami Dade College Journalism Speaker Series at 11 a.m. Nov. 25 at the college’s North Campus, 11380 N.W. 27th Ave., Room 2151.
Freedman, a New York Times columnist, is also an award-winning author, and a tenured professor at the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.
He worked as a staff reporter for The New York Times from 1981 through 1987. He currently writes the column “On Religion” for the Times and from 2004 through 2008, he wrote the “On Education” column, which won first prize in the Education Writers Association’s annual competition.
In addition, Freedman is the author of seven books. His most recent work, Breaking The Line: The Season in Black College Football That Transformed the Game and Changed the Course of Civil Rights, was released this year.
Some of his other books include: Letters To A Young Journalist, an instructional manual on how to be a reporter; Small Victories: The Real World of a Teacher, was a finalist for the 1990 National Book Award, and The Inheritance: How Three Families and America Moved from Roosevelt to Reagan and Beyond, a 1997 Pulitzer Prize finalist.
The event will include a presentation by Freedman, and a 15-minute question and answer session. The program, which was made possible by the Center for Literature and Theatre @ MDC, is free and open to the public.
For more information, contact Manolo Barco at 305-237-1255 or email@example.com
More Briefing Articles
- Engineers for a Sustainable World to Meet at InterAmerican Campus
- Gallery North presents Horacio Silva: Naturalezas
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund/Wells Fargo Scholarship Available
- InterAmerican Campus Celebrates Veteran's Day With A Commemoration
- InterAmerican Campus Presents “Money Management: Actions You Can Take Today” Workshop
- Miami Dade College Foundation Selects New Leaders
- Miami Dade College’s Hialeah Campus PTK Members Receive Distinguished Recognition
- President Dr. Eduardo Padrón Is Honored With The Good Scout Award
- Spokeo Connections Scholarship Available
- Spring Registration Now Available For The Public
- The School of Nursing at MDC Medical Campus Honored by the Florida Nurses Association
- Wolfson Campus Welcomes New Director Of Take Stock In Children