Miami Dade College Receives 2013 Chancellor’s Best Practice Award
Miami Dade College received a 2013 Chancellor's Best Practice Award from the Florida Department of Education for its Test Prep Boot Camp during the opening general session of Florida’s Colleges’ 64th Annual Convention in Orlando.
The boot camp was created to improve students' Post secondary Education Readiness Test scores, and to reduce the need for developmental coursework.
The program was piloted in 2012. Within the last year the amount of students that attended the boot camp has skyrocketed by several hundred.
More Briefing Articles
- $1,000 Poetry Scholarship Available To Students
- Clinton Global Initiative Awards $10,000 to MDC students
- College President Eduardo Padrón Recognized By Spain's Prince And Princess
- Collegewide Collection For The Philippines
- Culinary Students Win First Place At Harvest Festival Mystery Basket Competition
- Homestead Campus To Host Holocaust Lecture
- InterAmerican Campus To Host Holiday Celebration
- Mas Family Scholarship Offers $36,000 To Students Of Cuban Descent
- Miami Dade College’s Wolfson Campus Presents Little Women
- President’s Volunteer Service Award Available To Volunteers
- Student Showcase Of Films Offering $10,000 In Scholarships And Awards