Reporter Alumna Lands TV Reporting Job In Texas
PHOTO COURTESY OF MELISSA ADAN
Melissa Adan, who served as the Kendall Campus Bureau Chief for the The Reporter during the 2011-12 school year, has landed a full-time job as a TV reporter for CBS affiliate KLBK-TV in Lubbock Texas.
Adan, 21, who graduated from Boston University with a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism and a minor in political science this past May, is reporting stories in the 5 to 6 pm news slot.
She started with the station in June.
“I appreciate the grand welcoming I have been receiving [from] West Texans,” Adan said.
Last summer, Adan interned at CNBC headquarters in New York City as a production intern. She also previously interned at CBS4 and Univision while living in Miami.
At Boston University, Adan served as the morning news anchor for The Wire, a daily headline news show; she was a host/ reporter for the weekly live show Good Morning, B.U., and a reporter/ anchor for Inside Boston, news magazine program. In addition, Adan worked as the online editor of The Daily Free Press.
At The Reporter, Adan first served as a briefing writer than was promoted to senior writer. She wrote stories ranging from the dismissal of Head Softball Coach Carlos Caro to the rescue of seven ducklings that had fallen into a sewer system at Kendall Campus.
“This is truly a blessing,” Adan said about her new gig in Lubbock Texas.
More Briefing Articles
- A Midsummer’s Film Festival: Shakespeare On The Big Screen
- CINTAS Presents Impact And Legacy At Freedom Tower
- INTERAMERICAN CAMPUS HOSTS DOMINOFEST
- Summer B Registration Now Open
- Summer Camp Registration For ArtSouth Has Begun
- Teatro Prometeo To Participate In International Hispanic Theatre Festival
- The Influencers Hits The MDC Museum of Art + Design
- WEST CAMPUS GALLERY INTRODUCES ANTONIO PEREZ MELERO ARTWORK
- Wolfson Welcomes New ACCESS Director Helen Muñiz Bermudez