Miami Dade College (MDC) is responsible for certifying a student’s academic status to the Veteran Affairs Educational Bureau. MDC VA Certifying Officials act as liaison between the College and the U.S. Veteran Affairs Administration. The certification includes the following items:
- Dates of enrollment
- Total number of credit hours enrolled
- Academic progress
- Attendance Report
- Changes of program/school
Veterans may submit application forms electronically by clicking on the links next to the appropriate form below:
- Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill for Active Duty - Use Form 22-1990 to apply for Chapter 30 benefits.
- Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation - Contact Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors in Ft. Lauderdale, FL or visit www.rehabworks.org
- Chapter 33 – The Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 – Please visit http://www.gibill.va.gov for more information. Use Form 22-1990 to apply for Chapter 33 benefits.
- Chapter 35 - Survivors' Dependents Educational Assistance Program - Form 22-5490
- Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill for Selected Reserve - Form 22-1990
- Chapter 1607 - Reserve Educational Assistance Program - Form 22-1990
You may also access electronic forms via either of the following web sites:
Veterans and dependents planning to apply for education benefits should contact the MDC Office of Veterans Affairs at least two months prior to registration to allow the VA Regional Office sufficient time to process applications. The certification process starts once the schedule of classes for the academic term is paid/validated and after the 100% refund deadline. VA students experiencing difficulty paying/validating their current term class schedule are encouraged to apply for Financial Aid and/or contact their home campus VA Certifying Official. Once you have applied for Financial Aid, short-term loans may be available to pay/validate the current term schedule. Additionally, speak to your home campus VA Certifying Official about a deferment option to assist with payment of classes. For further assistance regarding your monthly benefits/eligibility or VA processing not directly associated with your current enrollment, please contact the Veteran Affairs Administration at 1-888-442-4551.