To be eligible for admission to Miami Dade College and the Emergency Medical Services Associate Degree Program at the Medical Campus, you must complete the following steps:
- You are 18 years old and have earned, or will earn at the time of enrollment into the program, a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- If this is your initial enrollment at Miami Dade College or you have not been enrolled at Miami Dade College during the past 12 months, complete the Application Packet available from the Admission Office’s on any MDC Campus. Choose the Medical Campus as the "preferred" campus; be sure to enter "23048" under "Program Code."
- Schedule an appointment to take the Computerized Placement Test (CPT) through Testing Services, Room 1303, Medical Campus, 305-237-4275, or through the testing center at any of the other MDC campuses. You must have passing scores on the Computerized Placement Test (CPT), or, if you have taken the test but have not passed, then you must have satisfactorily completed the developmental courses prescribed by MDC as a result of your scores. College level course work or equivalent academic testing may be exempt students from the CPT test. Contact the Testing Center at any of the Miami Dade College Campuses for further information.
- You have earned a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of a least 2.0 on a scale of 4.0 on any college-level courses you have taken.
- If you have previously attended any other college or university, arranged for that institution to send official transcripts to the Registrar’s Office at the Medical Campus.
Where Do I Send My MDC Application Materials?
You may send or drop off your MDC application to any Admissions office located on any of the seven campuses of Miami Dade College. Applications for admission may also be filled out on line at http://www.mdc.edu (Note: You have to be connected to the Internet to access this web site)
You must also send the following:
Application fee (check or money order – no cash)
Official high school transcript and official college transcripts (if available) to the Admissions/Registrar’s Office.
Where Do I Send My Program Application Materials?
There is no formal program application process for the Associate Degree track. To be eligible for admission to the Associate in Science Degree in Emergency Medical Services, all applicants must come to the Medical Campus and meet with a representative of the Emergency Medical Services Department.
The Medical Campus is located at:
Miami Dade College
950 N.W. 20 Street
Miami, FL 33127