Miami Dade College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Miami Dade College.
Professional Certificate Approval Program (PCAP) Statement
The Miami Dade college Medical Coder biller program is approved by the AHIMA Professional Certificate Approval Program. This designation acknowledges the coding program as having been evaluated by a peer review process against a national minimum set of standards for entry-level coding professionals. This process allows academic institutions to be acknowledged as offering an approved coding certificate program.
- "Value for Students" Statement
The AHIMA Professional Certificate Approval Program designation:
- Identifies specialized programs that meet established coding educational standards
- Stimulates improvement of educational standards through faculty development opportunities, and by involving faculty and staff in program evaluation and planning
- Promotes a better understanding of the goals of professional coding education
- Provides reasonable assurance that practitioners possess the necessary job skills upon entry into the profession
- Timeframe of program approval: January, 2017 to January, 2020 with annual interim approval during these years
The Medical Coder-Biller program is approved as a Comprehensive Coding Program by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Professional Certificate Approval Program (PCAP).
233 N. Michigan Avenue, 21st Floor
Chicago, Il. 60601-5800
Main Number: 312-233-1100
General email: firstname.lastname@example.org