To be eligible for admission to Miami Dade College and the Medical Coder-Biller Program, you must complete the following steps:
- You are 18 years old and have earned, or will earn at the time of enrollment into the program, a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- If this is your initial enrollment at Miami Dade College or you have not been enrolled at Miami Dade College during the past 12 months, complete the Application Packet available from the Admission Office’s on any of the seven MDC Campuses. Choose the Medical Campus as the "preferred" campus.
- Register for and complete the Test of Adult Basic Education (T.A.B.E.) through the Testing Center, Room 1303, located at the Medical Campus or through the testing center at any of the other MDC campuses. Obtain the Bursar Authorization Form from the Admission’s Office or an Advisor.
- Complete the Program Application process by submitting an application for Program Admission. Applications are accepted year round.
- Request former school and/or non MDC colleges to forward transcripts (including high school and degree) to the Admission’s Office, before the admission review deadline.
Where Do I Send My MDC Application Materials?
You may send or drop off your MDC application to any admissions office located on any of the seven campuses or two centers of Miami Dade College. Applications for admission may also be filled out on line at http://www.mdc.edu.
You must also send the following:
- Official high school transcript and official college transcripts (if available) to the Admissions/Registrar’s Office.
Where Do I Send My Program Application Materials?
Send your Application for Program Admission or visit the Career Technical Education Certificate Student Resource Center, at the address below:
Miami Dade College
Career Technical Education Certificate Student Resource Center, Room 1113
950 N.W. 20th Street
Miami , FL 33127