The Physician Assistant curriculum consists of 56 credits: 34 credits in the didactic or first year, 22 credits in the clinical or second year, and 36 general education and science credits.
Effective July 2014, tuition for Florida residents is $116.22 per credit for non-residents it is $400.51 per credit. A special course fee of approximately $280.00 is added per credit for both resident and non-resident students.
Consequently, the total cost of Physician Assistant tuition registration for Florida residents is $22,188.32; the total cost of registration for non-residents is $50,573.00. These fees are subject to change depending on legislative action.
A $25.00, one-time non-refundable Program application fee must be paid by any applicant seeking an A.S. degree program from MDC PA Program. Payment should be made to the Bursar's office and a Program Application Transaction Record form should be filled out.
Additional Program expenses:
• Textbooks (between $60 and $300 per course)
• Medical equipment, lab coats, and scrubs (approximately $1000)
• Liability insurance ($15/year)
• Medical accident insurance ($10.50/year)
• Typhon Group ($85.00 in second year)
• Turning Technologies response card ($50.00 per year)
• Professional student memberships (approx. $200.00, optional)
• Annual physical examinations and background checks (fee varies)
• ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support), BLS (Basic Life Support), OSHA (Occupational Health and Safety Administration) and HIPPA courses are provided by the PA program once students are enrolled for an additional fee.
The nature of the application process for acceptance into the PA Program is highly competitive; an applicant officially accepted into the PA Program must provide a non-refundable Program acceptance deposit of $400.00 to guarantee an applicant's seat in the Miami Dade College Physician Assistant program.
All students at the Medical Campus are encouraged to apply for financial aid, which includes the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Grant, Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Work-Study, and Federal Subsidized loans. The Campus also offers emergency short-term loans and a variety of scholarships.
Application can be made in the Financial Aid Office (Room 1201) on the Medical Campus. Those who apply before April 1st for the following academic year are given priority. Only courses in which students have registered before the 100 percent refund date qualify for financial aid. For additional information, call the Financial Aid personnel at 305-237-4160.
Notice to all applicants
If accepted into the Physician Assistant Program, students should be prepared to pay the first semester’s tuition in the event that financial aid is delayed or financial aid is not available.