Mission of Miami Dade College is to;
Provide accessible, affordable, high-quality education by keeping student's needs at the center of decision-making in partnership with its dynamic, multicultural community.
Mission of the Medical Campus is to;
Provide students with affordable, accessible, quality education in health care careers. Faculty and staff strive to respond to the changing needs of students, health care providers, and health care consumers in the community at large through collaboration with health care and business communities. The Campus provides an environment that is conducive to learning by recognizing and responding to the diverse learning styles, cultures, and resources of its students.
Mission of the Physician Assistant Program is to;
- Provide high quality education and training opportunities in primary care for students from diverse cultural backgrounds interested in providing health care services to the medically under-served residents in urban and rural communities, especially in Florida.
- Promote and maintain high academic and professional standards.
- Participate in professional activities and continuing education to promote life-long learning.
- Prepare each graduate with a level of didactic and clinical competence that provides successful entry into the profession.
Physician Assistant Program Goals are to:
- Admit physician assistant students from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Prepare physician assistant students to practice in the local South Florida community or local underserved areas.
- Offer a curriculum to prepare physician assistant students to enter clinical practice.
- Prepare physician assistant students to become leaders in the profession and in the community.
To learn more about the Miami Dade College PA program goals and outcomes, please download the Physician Assistant Goals PDF document.