To be eligible for admission to Miami Dade College and the Respiratory Care Program, you must complete the following steps:
- You are 18 years old and have earned, or will earn at the time of application to the program, a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- If this is your initial enrollment at Miami Dade College or you have not been enrolled at Miami Dade College during the past 12 months, complete the Application Packet available from the Admission Office’s on any of the seven MDC Campuses. Choose the Medical Campus as the "preferred" campus; be sure to enter "23045" under "Program Code."
- With the exception of students who meet the criteria for an exemption from common placement testing and developmental education instruction, entry-level testing is required for first-time-in-college (FTIC) degree seeking students and students who have not met college level competency in reading, writing and math through previous coursework. In order to enroll in the Respiratory Care program, students recommended placement, as outlined in the College’s Placement Criteria Document, must indicate college level competency. Students who need to take the placement test should schedule the PERT exam through Testing Services, Room 1303, Medical Campus, 305-237-4275. We recommend students sign up at least one month in advance of taking the test and the application deadline in order to allow sufficient time to prepare for placement exam.
- Complete the Program Application process by submitting an application for Program Admission and an application fee of $25.00. Application must be received by May 1st.
- You are enrolled in or have successfully completed ENC 1101 - English Composition 1.
- Enroll in and successfully complete HSC 0003 – Introduction to Health Care prior to applying to the program.
Where Do I Send My MDC Application Materials?
You may send your MDC application to any admissions office located on any of the seven campuses of Miami Dade College. Applications for admission may also be filled out on line at http://www.mdc.edu.
You must also send the following:
- application fee (check or money order - no cash)
- official high school transcript and official college transcripts (if available) to the Admissions/Registrar’s Office
Where Do I Send My Program Application Materials?
Send or drop off your Application for Program Admission, professional documentation, receipt of the $25.00 program application fee and an unofficial copy of your college transcript to the address below:
Miami Dade College
New Student Center, Room 1113
950 N.W. 20th Street
Miami, FL 33127