The mission of the Office of Institutional Research is to support the achievement of the College’s mission, vision, and strategic goals by providing objective, systematic, accurate, unbiased, and timely data and integrative analysis/reports related to student enrollment, progression, achievement, and success to the executive leadership, administrative offices, and College community. The office serves as a support mechanism by providing guidance, training, and resources related to the use of data and analysis to inform data-driven decision-making at the College.
- Compliance and Reporting - Report institutional data on behalf of the College to government agencies, accreditation bodies, and other external constituents.
- Data and Analysis - Collect, analyze, interpret, and report data and information for internal and external ad hoc and reoccurring requests.
- Research - Support the research and evaluation of College-wide efforts on student success. Plan and implement research activities in support of critical institutional priorities. Collect and analyze peer data for benchmarking and comparative studies.
- Transparency - Develop and maintain College-wide dashboards and visualizations to disseminate key metrics and improve access to institutional data for executive leadership and the College community.
- Collaboration - Serve as internal advisors and a support mechanism to administrative officers and College committees regarding operational studies and data. Represent the College on various state and national committees and task forces. Lead IRB and CASSC Research and Testing Committee to provide complete and adequate review of research activities involving human participants and plausible institutional, scientific, and social implications.
Miami Dade College is accredited
by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Miami Dade College. Miami Dade College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution which does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, marital status, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, ethnicity, pregnancy, sexual orientation or genetic information. Additional information may be obtained by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity Programs/ADA Coordinator/Title IX Coordinator, at 305.237.2577.