The Student Veteran Peer Mentor Program is designed to connect newly enrolled MDC Student Veterans with current Student Veterans to provide support, resources, and increase campus and community engagement. Student Veteran Peer Mentors will use their leadership skills to guide Mentees towards academic success; providing comradery and a supportive environment during the transition to college life.
As a mentor, you are about to begin a very rewarding and fulfilling experiences. Your commitment indicates that you recognize the responsibility that you accepted and agree to interact appropriately with your mentee according to the highest ethical standards at all times.
- Stipend for serving as a mentor, $75.00 per Mentee.
- Book Voucher for current classes, $200.00
- Build leadership and life skills with interactions with the campus leadership and mentees.
- Increased integration with the campus culture and building social networks with other agency, colleges and university.
- Develop connections at campus with faculty, administrators, staff and other students.
- Increase team building skills by joining or creating a student organization.
- Participation in and awareness of academic and career success, resources at MDC as well as resources for veterans.
Do you want to become a Mentee?
Guidelines to become a Mentee
- Must be a Veteran or current military member of the U.S. armed forces (Including National Guard and Reserves).
- Must be enrolled in the first year of coursework at MDC.
- Weekly and bi-weekly meetings with mentor during the academic year.
- Attend recommended and schedule programs and workshops.
- Mentor will serve as a resource for mentee during adjusting and continued enrollment at the campus.