Classes are admitted once a year and begin in late August. Deadline for application submission is January 15th of each year.
To be eligible for admission to the Physician Assistant Program at the Miami Dade College Medical Campus, you must meet these criteria:
- Complete admission application (College and Program) and submit all required documents. Contact New Student Center for Physician Assistant Program application package.
- The fee for application is 30.00 to college and a separate fee to the PA Program of 25.00.
- Submit all official transcripts showing all courses taken at institutions of higher education and highest degree earned. If the transcripts are from institutions outside of the United States, it is the responsibility of the applicant to submit the following additional documentation prepared and certified by an approved foreign credential agency such as World Education Service (WES) or other approved equal:
- Validation of advanced degree
- Evaluation of transcripts showing equivalencies as well as grades of all courses for which transfer credits are being requested
- English translation of transcripts, if the original official transcripts are not in English
- Enroll in and successfully complete HSC 0003 – Introduction to Health Care prior to applying to the program.
NOTE: After having been selected for the P.A. Program and prior to registering for the first semester of the program, all students must: agree in writing to adhere to the College's Confidentially Statement, complete the Health Record which includes drug screening, and successfully complete a Level II background check.