To be eligible for admission to Miami Dade College and the Physical Therapist Assistant Program, you must complete the following steps:
- You are 18 years old and have earned, or will earn at the time of enrollment into the program, a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- If this is your initial enrollment at Miami Dade College or you have not been enrolled at Miami Dade College during the past 12 months, complete the Application Packet available from the Admission Office’s on any of the seven MDC Campuses. Choose the Medical Campus as the "preferred" campus; be sure to enter "23035" under "Program Code."
- Register for and take the Computerized Placement Test (CPT) through Testing Services, Room 1303, Medical Campus, 305-237-4275, or through the testing center at any of the other MDC campuses. You must sign up at least one month in advance of taking the test, and you must take the test before the date that program application materials are due. You must have passing scores on the Computerized Placement Test (CPT), or, if you have taken the test but have not passed, then you must have satisfactorily completed the developmental courses prescribed by MDC as a result of your scores. College level course work or equivalent academic testing may be exempt students from the CPT test. Contact the Testing Center at any of the Miami Dade College Campuses for further information.
- Complete the Program Application process by submitting an application for Program Admission and an application fee for the $25.00 application fee. Application must be received by September 1st for January entry.
- Enroll in and successfully complete HSC 0003 – Introduction to Health Care prior to applying to the program.
Where Do I Send My Application Materials?
You may send or drop off your MDC application to any admissions office located on any of the seven campuses or two centers of Miami Dade College. Applications for admission may also be filled out on line at http://www.mdc.edu.
You must also send the following:
- MDC application fee ($20.00 check or money order - no cash)
- Official high school transcript and official college transcripts (if available) to the Registrar
Where Do I Send My Program Application Materials?
Send or drop off your Application for Program Admission, professional documentation, and an unofficial copy of your college transcript to the address below:
Miami Dade College
New Student Center, Room 1113
950 N.W. 20th Street
Miami, FL 33127