In a Class of Our Own
Founded in 2003, Miami Dade College’s School of Education is one of South Florida's premier teacher education schools.
Through strategically designed programs, we provide the high quality training to:
- Students pursuing the teaching profession as their first career,
- Teachers in the field seeking to be certified or re-certified
- Professionals with a bachelor’s degree exploring a change of career
In sum, we are one of Florida's most dynamic and progressive teacher education institutions offering students many paths to a rewarding career.
Our students’ success stories and testimonials are proof of our excellence. Our graduates show their achievements in the classroom, across the state, and beyond.
- Over 80 percent of our graduates are employed as teachers.
- Since 2008, many of our graduates have been named “Rookie Teachers of the Year” by Miami-Dade County Public Schools; others have been named "Scholars of the Year"
- More than half of our graduates have made a positive impact on their students’ performance.
- Half of our interns have been offered jobs after Internship and most of these were hired by their Internship schools.
- 100 percent of graduates find that internship has prepared them well for the teaching profession.
- Our students regularly earn first-place honors at the Florida Future Educators of America State Conference.
- The Florida Fund for Minority Teachers has named some of our students "Scholars of the Year"
Gallery of Events