Writing Center Appointment Guidelines
The tutors at the Kendall Campus Writing Center are here to help students improve their writing skills. As a general rule, we do not require students to setup appointments and tutoring services are offered on a “first-come, first-serve” basis. Nevertheless, if a student needs tutoring on a more continuing basis, or prefers to work with a specific tutor, we do encourage that appointments be setup.
The following are guidelines regarding appointments with tutors:
- Appointments may be scheduled by calling the center's front desk at 305-237-0677.
- If a specific tutor is not requested, the appointment will be setup with any tutor available during the specified period.
- Appointments with specific tutors MUST be scheduled within their respective work schedule. Appointments cannot be setup outside their prescribe work schedule.
- Five minutes (grace period) will be honored for scheduled appointments. If a student is not there within the grace period the tutor will move-on and see the next student waiting.
- If a student is late for an appointment, he/she will have to wait until the tutor is available or re-schedule the appointment.
- If you know in advance that you will not be able to keep an appointment, please call the front desk at 305-237-0677 at least 24-hours in advance.
- We understand that emergencies do happen. Please call the front desk if you will not be able to attend your appointment.
- Only two (2) unexcused “No Show” incidents will be allowed. A third incident will remove your individual appointment privileges.
Revised on 07-2005