Election Day, August 18th
Vote in the Local Election:
In the local election you will vote for Miami-Dade County Mayor, County Commissioners, and other positions. These are non-partisan local races, which means anyone registered to vote can vote regardless of party affiliation.
Vote in the Primary Election:
In the primary election you will vote for the Florida State Senate, Florida State House of Representatives, and the U.S. House of Representatives. Florida is a closed primary state, which means you must be registered as a Democrat or Republican to vote in the primary. The chosen candidates will then be on the ballot for the November 3rd General Election.
Three Ways to Vote
Voting by Mail is Safe and Easy
- In preparation for the August 18, 2020 Primary Election and the November 3, 2020 General Election, the Miami-Dade County Elections Department is taking the necessary precautions to protect the health and safety of voters during these uncertain times. Therefore, voters are encouraged to vote by mail from the safety and comfort of home. All you have to do is request a vote-by-mail ballot.
- Need help? Call 305-499-8444
Early Voting Locations at MDC
MDC early voting sites will follow Miami Dade County Elections protocol during the August 18th and November 3rd election cycles. The following campuses have early voting sites:
Building 2000, Mitchell Wolfson Center, Library
11380 NW 27th Ave.
Miami, FL 33167
Voting site will be in Building 2, with parking available on the east side lot.
North Campus Early Voting Map
Building K, The Fascell Conference Center
11011 SW 104 St.
Miami, FL 33176
Voting site will be in Building K, with parking available on lot 3.
Kendall Campus Early Voting Map
Voter Registration Resources
- MDC Student Election Guide
- How to Be Election Ready
- Get to know your elected officials
- Get Engaged with our partners at Engage Miami
- Volunteer: Find temporary poll jobs | Voter Engagement Ambassador Program
If you need help with anything voting related contact the Institute for Civic Engagement and Democracy (iCED).