Student Government Association
What is SGA?
Student Government Association (SGA) is the voice of the student body. We serve as the student governing body responsible for advocating for the students and representing students' interests and addressing students' needs with the campus leadership. As SGA members, we promote student involvement and offer leadership, organizational, and communication skills training, while providing the opportunities to attend conferences, retreats and special meetings to exchange ideas with other campuses and colleges across the State of Florida.
What is the mission of Student Government Association?
The mission of the Wolfson Campus SGA is to:
- Serve as a voice and advocate for students.
- Represent the student body and act as catalyst for positive change.
- Inform students of policy changes as well as campus and community activities.
- Promote interaction and communication among the Wolfson Campus Family.
- Provide leadership that inspires student participation, contribution and service.
- Create a fun environment that celebrates diversity, encourages student success and nurtures personal growth.
What do I need to become a Senator?
- Must be a registered student of Miami Dade College, Wolfson Campus and enrolled during the Fall and Spring terms for a minimum of six (6) credits each term throughout his/her membership.
- Must maintain a 2.5 grade point average during the Fall, Spring, and Summer terms.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Shall complete no less than five (5) office hours a week.
- May not be under any academic or disciplinary sanctions as detailed in the Student Rights and Responsibilities.