- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must demonstrate financial need (completed FAFSA application)
- Be a full-time student at MDC Padrón
- Have declared a STEM major
- Have earned no more than 35 credits upon admittance to the STEM-Mia program
- Have a cumulative MDC GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completed, exempted, or currently enrolled in College Algebra (MAC1105)
- Conduct research during summer (paid stipend and limited spaces)
- Dedicated mentoring by STEM faculty
- Courses to prepare for success in STEM career and transfer to a four-year college/university
- Year-long colloquia (STEMinars)
- Field trips to industries
- STEM community engagement - networking, interviews, and more with industry professionals
- Support of other S-STEM Scholars (cohort experience)
- Assistance transferring to four-year college/university
How to Apply
Fill out the online STEM-Mia scholarship application below. Please allow up to 72 hours for a follow-up.
Miami Dade College – Padrón Campus
Department of Math and Natural Sciences
627 SW 27th Avenue, Office 1373
* The office is open Mondays through Fridays 8:00AM-4:00PM *
Partial support for this work was provided by the National Science Foundation Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S STEM) program under Award No. 1741821. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
STEM-Mia has been named a recipient of INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine's 2019 Inspiring Programs in STEM Award.