Applications for Fall 2021
Application Opens: October 1, 2020
Priority Consideration Deadline: January 15, 2021
Final Deadline: March 10, 2021
Apply online to Miami Dade College (Select Start a New Application)
- The application you submit must be for an Associate in Arts degree pathway. See a full list of AA degrees offered by MDC here.
- Make sure to apply for Fall 2020 admission.
- Dual enrollment students: Although you already have an MDC username and password, you are still required to submit a new application for the AA degree pathway program.
Honors College Qualifications
MDC Honors College students are selected via a competitive process that includes an online application, letters of recommendation, official test scores, writing samples and a possible interview. There are multiple ways for applicants to tell their stories and demonstrate that they are prepared to be an Honors College Fellow. Applicants are evaluated on the entirety of their background, personal qualities, academic preparation and life experience.
Applicants must demonstrate that they are college-ready through standardized test scores and grade point average (GPA). Please review the application requirements below to determine eligibility.
- Only first time in college applicants are eligible. This means that at the time of application, the applicant has not earned any college credit except for dual enrollment.
- The minimum preferred GPA is a 3.7 (weighted or unweighted). If GPA is 3.7 or above, then the applicant must satisfy the MDC College Ready Standardized Test Scores described below in order to meet eligibility criteria. Multiple test scores may be submitted from the ACT, SAT, and Accuplacer Next Generation to satisfy this requirement. The admissions committee will superscore, which means they will consider the highest score achieved in each test.
- If the GPA is below a 3.7, then the applicant must satisfy the MDC College Ready Standardized Test Scores AND ONE of the Additional Honors College Standardized Test Requirements for GPA Below 3.7 described below.
- Consideration for The Honors College Dual Language program at Padrón Campus requires a score of 4 or higher on the AP Spanish Language or Literature tests. Students who have not taken either of these tests are required to score a 70 on the Translation & Interpretation Spanish exam offered at the Padron Campus Testing Center only. Visit the Testing and Assessment site for details on days and times.
MDC College Ready Standardized Test Scores*
- ACT: Reading 19, Math 19, English 17
- SAT: Reading 24, Math 24, Writing and Language 25
- Accuplacer Next Generation: Reading 245, Math 242, Writing 245
- PERT will not be accepted
Additional Honors College Standardized Test Requirements for GPA Below 3.7*
- ACT: 26 composite
- SAT: 1270 total score
- Accuplacer Next Generation: Reading 263, Math 263, Writing 263
*Test scores are valid for 2 years.
The Application for Fall 2020 Admissions is now closed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions about entry into the Honors College? View our Frequently asked questions to get answers.Honors College Admissions FAQs