School for Advanced Studies (SAS)
Thank you for your interest in Miami Dade College's Dual Enrollment Program. Please follow the steps below to ensure initiation and processing of your SAS dual enrollment program request.
Step 1: Submit an SAS Dual Enrollment Request Form
Submit Dual Enrollment Request
Step 2: Complete the Dual Enrollment Program Form
Upon receipt of the student's Dual Enrollment Request Form, the student will be e-mailed a Dual Enrollment Form via MDC's Adobe Sign Platform that must be completed and electronically signed. The student will be guided in this process. View this simple tutorial on how to use Adobe Sign.
- Students are responsible for completing Section 1 and Parts of section II and III. Please note that the Adobe Sign platform will direct students and help them complete each section.
- For section III, students can search for classes and sections at the registration site or by using the student portal
- Log into your student portal
- Click on "Search for Classes"
- Using the Dual Enrollment Program Form - indicate all courses that you have registered for.
- Once students complete and sign the form, it will automatically be forwarded to the e-mail address of the student's parent/guardian for signature.
- Once the parent/guardian signs, the form will be forwarded to the student's SAS school counselor and principal for authorization.
Completing the Dual Enrollment Program Form
- Student: Completes section 1 & 3. Student's signature is required in section 2
- Parent/Guardian: Signs in section 2 – authorizing student to participate in dual enrollment
- SAS Counselor: Approves courses in section 3 as well as completes and signs section 4
- Principal: Signs in section 4 authorizing student's participation in dual enrollment
- Form is electronically returned to MDC
Step 3: Program Form Processing
- Once the Dual Enrollment Program Form is returned to MDC, our MDC Dual Enrollment Coordinator's will process the Dual Enrollment Program Form and post the Dual Enrollment Waiver.
Step 4: Textbook Processing
Miami Dade College in collaboration with Follett Higher Education (the College's textbook provider) has introduced an online ordering platform to help dual enrollment students order the necessary course materials.
Caution - Please Read Before You Order!
M-DCPS Dual Enrollment students may order ONLY 1 copy of the required material(s) per course. Students will be held financially responsible for any duplicate items ordered.
Step 5: Save a Final Copy for Your Records
Once form is fully executed, all parties will receive a copy of the form for their records. This form will automatically be forwarded to Campus Admissions for filing.