Requesting a Dual Enrollment Student Cohort
For secondary schools interested in offering a Miami Dade College dual enrollment course to a group of students (minimum of 10), please review this simple 5-step process and complete the Dual Enrollment Student Cohort Referral Form. Upon receipt, a representative from MDC's Dual Enrollment Team will contact you accordingly.
Please note, all secondary schools that request cohorts to be taught at their location must have a signed Dual Enrollment Memorandum of Understanding on file. For more information, please contact your home campus dual enrollment coordinator or the Director of Articulation and Academic Pathways.
Step 1: Before Submitting a Cohort Request Form, ALL Students Associated with the Cohort Request Must Apply for Dual Enrollment Admission at MDC
- Secondary School Student must apply for Dual Enrollment Admission at MDC.
- Once Admissions Application for Dual Enrollment has been processed - students will receive an assigned MDC ID Number
- Student are then able to activate their MDC student portal. Students can utilize this information below:
Step 2: Submit a Cohort Request Referral
- As part of the Cohort Request Referral, Counselors are required to submit a roster of students that will register for the course that is being offered to the cohort. Incomplete Rosters or missing information will not be accepted and will cause a delay in the processing of your School's cohort request.
- All students must have active MDC ID Numbers
- Download a sample roster for submission
Step 3: Provide College Placement Scores
Upon submitting a Cohort Request Referral, it is very important that you provide cohort students with the following College Placement Testing Information unless you plan on offering placement testing at the secondary school.
- Student must schedule an online appointment to take a placement test in the test center or submit a Remote Testing Request Form.
- The appointment or the remote testing request will be matched with the roster on the Cohort Referral form and processed for in-test center or technology supported proctoring. Students who are approved for remote testing will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how and when to schedule the exam.
- A testing and assessment department representative at the campus/location where the student intends to test will process the form and allow the referred student to take the counselor's selected test.
- If students have college ready SAT/ACT scores, request for SAT/ACT scores to be sent electronically to MDC.
- If students have college ready PERT scores (from your high school), the Testing and Assessment Department at MDC can retrieve them from a repository.
Step 4: MDC Will E-mail Students and Parents/Guardians the Appropriate Digital Form For Completion and Signature
Upon completion of the student's test administration and the subsequent score verification process, the student and parent/guardian will be e-mailed a Dual Enrollment Form via MDC's Adobe Sign Platform that must be completed and electronically signed. The student and parent/guardian will be guided in this process. View this simple tutorial on how to use Adobe Sign.
Completing the Dual Enrollment Program Form
- Student: Completes and Signs all sections of the Dual Enrollment Program Form
- Parent/Guardian: Completes and Signs the Parent Authorization for Student Dual Enrollment Form.
Step 5: Registration
- Once both forms are returned to MDC, our MDC Dual Enrollment Coordinator's register the student into the course approved for the student cohort.
- The course instructor will receive the class roster prior to the start of the semester. The instructor must notify their MDC Dual Enrollment Coordinator immediately if any student is missing from the roster.
Counselors can submit a Cohort Request Form Here:
Request a Dual Enrollment Student Cohort